Wednesday, June 25, 2014

34 weeks

At 34 weeks there are a few things I've learned about pregnancy that I wouldn't have really considered before.
  1. Aside from having to pee every nine minutes you also feel as though you have to go every single time you stand up.  And also sometimes while you're still sitting.  And also when the baby bladder-punches you.  And also don't ever sneeze without crossing your legs.  Or laugh.
  2. Five pounds doesn't seem like much if you're lifting weights, but when you lift that weight constantly with only your uterus, it is very heavy!
  3. If I don't feel the baby move for an hour I freak out a little and push and prod him until he wakes up and kicks me until I stop.
  4. The videos we watch in baby class are horrifying.
  5. The videos we watch in baby class make me cry and I don't know if it's an emotional response to a baby coming into the world or a physical response to the horror I'll be going through soon.
  6. Sometimes my belly looks like the scene from Alien when the monster starts to come out of the guy's belly (without the gore).
  7. Getting out of bed is more difficult than I would have ever imagined.
These are but a few of my observations over the past few weeks...  I'm sure I could come up with more.

No comments:

Post a Comment