Wednesday, July 2, 2014

five more things

I will be 36 weeks on Saturday, and on Monday I went to the doctor for the first of my weekly appointments.  The baby weighs in at 6.2 pounds, which is a pretty healthy weight I think!  At first I thought that the weight was awesome, then I started thinking what if I go to 40 weeks and how much would he weigh then?  So I freaked out and asked the doctor if I was on track for a huge baby and she said no, no.  Maybe 7.5 or 8 pounds.  That's a relief... 

More observations/experiences have arisen:
  1. I couldn't reach the floor today at work when I crushed something under my foot and wanted to see what it was.  I had to grunt in order to get down there and see that I crushed a nothing piece of plastic that looked like a noodle. 
  2. Certain positions while lying down preclude breathing, so I have to choose between sleeping and breathing.  (Not that I do a lot of sleeping, what with all the bathroom visits - 4 between 12am and 6am)
  3. I tried to squeeze into a closet at work and ended up scraping my belly on the door latch. 
  4. I realized I actually can sleep on my side (I'm an always stomach sleeper), but it hurts my hips so much that I often end up on my back, which causes me to snore and wake up, where I then turn to my side, which makes my hips hurt...
  5. The baby kicking me is never annoying and I think I am going to miss it when he's out in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment