Friday, May 9, 2014

28 weeks and why I never leave the bathroom

These days I feel like I spend more time in the bathroom than I do with my husband.  I've considered asking my supervisors at work if I could just build a lab bench in the handicapped stall in the bathroom at work.  We could set up a computer and a phone line and I could just read cultures from the comfort of the bathroom.  It would save a lot of time.  What I don't understand is that I will drink a big glass of water, finishing with it by 8:30 pm or so.  I will pee about four times between 9 and 11 and then go to sleep.  It never fails, however, that I will wake up at least three more times in the middle of the night and if I didn't know any better, I'd swear I was sleep-chugging water all night long.  Hopefully it's just water.

I try to sleep on my left side like the books tell you (something about blood flow to the baby).  I always start there but lately the baby has started flipper kicking my side like a tiny dolphin and something is telling me that he is uncomfortable when I lay like this.  It never fails that the assault starts as I am trying to go to sleep and then I end up rolling to my right to stop the tiny war inside me.  He's very sure of what he wants already. For instance, he likes me to have good posture.  If I slouch he will deliver a swift kick to my ribs to get me to sit up straight.  I may have a stubborn child on my hands.

I did yoga the other night and for an hour afterward he was practicing uterine baby yoga.  I think he liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment