Saturday, July 12, 2014

if you don't want to hear me complain, for heaven's sake don't read this

This cute picture negates all my complaining.
As I'm sure all women who've been pregnant can tell you, the ninth month of pregnancy is no joke.  In fact, though everyone thinks that pregnancy lasts only nine months, they're in fact, wrong.  It's actually 40 weeks which if you go by the average 4 weeks per month, adds up to ten months.  If you're super lucky, you'll go over 40 weeks!  I'm not sure about this, but I think I've been pregnant for at least 15 months.  It could be as much as two years.  My baby may have the same gestational period of an elephant baby, which is about 669 days.  What I wouldn't give to be pregnant like a dog whose gestational period is 63 days.  Think about that.  Two months pregnant and BAM.  Baby.  Of course with a dog, it'd be babies, probably 12 or so.  I don't know about all that.

I still have so much to do and absolutely zero energy to do it.  I have two loads of laundry to wash and dry and an additional two to put away from last weekend.  I have to organize the baby's room with all the wonderful gifts we received from the baby showers.  I should take a stab at cleaning, but who am I kidding?

In addition to this, I just feel bad.  I know two weeks ago Ted was 6.2 pounds and with the average weight gain of 0.5 pounds per week, he should weigh in around 7 pounds at this point.  I'm not sure this is accurate.  He must be at least 25 pounds.  I can't bend over because his butt (I assume, since he's appropriately head down) presses into my ribs.  His head turns on my bladder.  He feels very heavy.  Also, I've been having Braxton Hicks contractions for a few weeks now - well for a long time, but in the past few weeks they hurt!  Every time they start I wonder if this time is it.  And every time it isn't.  I go to sleep with a heating pad stuffed into my pajama bottoms.

I'm sure none of this is news to women who've done this - for many, many lifetimes women have done this.  And multiple times each!  I'm also sure that being pregnant and dealing with older children must be an absolute treat because they can't be ignored until you feel like dealing with them like I can with cleaning the kitchen.

Also, I have to add in here that Eddie does help me and offer to help me a lot.  I'm not doing everything alone.  He has been very understanding of my physical discomfort and always asks, "What can I do?"  He also lined the mattress with an old shower curtain and some towels yesterday morning when I was timing contractions while lying in bed.  Protect the new mattress at all costs! 

That's my rant for now.  Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. Girl I feel you! I had 2 smooth, uneventful pregnancies...but that does not mean I enjoyed them. I recall being quite miserable during the last month. I'm thinking about you dearie. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete