Thursday, June 11, 2015

names, names, names

Ok, I didn't appreciate how difficult naming a baby is until now.  With Teddy as soon as I found out he was a boy, I knew his name because Ed was unwavering in his desire to have a junior and call him Teddy.  I had no input and when I tried to change his mind and name the baby something original (original to him, not something like Origami Cheesecake) I was met with a strong no.  Even though I objected, it really took the pressure off because from that point on, I didn't have to think about it.

Now with boy 2 I have to actually come up with a name.  Had it been a girl, I'd have gone with Charlotte despite the newest princess (I'm not English, what do I care?).  Now, however, I have to decide on something.  The only name I have strong feelings about is Oliver.  Everything else is like, "Eh, it's alright."  The problem is, Ed doesn't like Oliver. I want to be stubborn and say, "I didn't get any naming rights for Teddy, I should be able to get the name I want for new baby."  He came up with a compromise that I am considering, which is Jackson Oliver.  I think Jack Mearns sounds really good.  The problem is I love Oliver as a first name.  (Both Jack and Oliver have also been used recently for friends' babies, but I'm getting over it...)

Other names on my short list have been Samuel, James, and Jacob.  Simon is in there too.

Ok, weigh in.

1 comment: