Friday, October 24, 2014

it's all political (except for this post)

It's been a little over two years since we started trying for a baby.  I am blessed beyond belief to have Teddy.  If any of those previous three pregnancies had worked, he wouldn't be here.  I know this.  I read a post recently where the woman who'd had two miscarriages dealt with it by picturing each of those pregnancies as her living son.  (She'd had the miscarriages prior to his birth).  He wanted to be in the family so bad that he had to wait until conditions were perfect, but he kept on trying.

I wanted to point out, however, that people dealing with pregnancy loss are incredibly sensitive, especially to images that might be circulating the internet.  Even now, I don't like to see them.  I'm sure you've all seen it, or one like it.  A picture of a fetus, aborted at 12 weeks or 10 weeks or 8 weeks.  Or, God forbid, 20 weeks.  We don't need a visual to picture what we've lost.  I know the people reposting these pictures aren't anti-miscarriage.  I know it's political, or religious.  I just wanted to point out that those pictures can be very upsetting for people dealing with pregnancy loss.  That's all I wanted to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment