Saturday, January 4, 2014

officially started to worry about getting old

Ok.  I did it.  I officially bought some anti-aging night cream.  I've flirted with a regular moisturizing routine over the years, but never had an actual lotioning habit or brand of lotion that I used.  In my teens and twenties I was a slave to Bath and Body Works, but really, that doesn't count, does it?  Because that lotion has so much fragrance and alcohol in it, you might as well be using nothing.  Or some weird product called anti-lotion that makes your skin drier.

In my teens I tanned (horrible), and it my twenties I just didn't care because I was never going to get old, so what did it matter?  To a twenty year old, age thirty is hard to contemplate, let alone forty, fifty, sixty.  Now, however, I am thirty-two.  I no longer have even a passing acquaintance with my twenties.  Now I feel like I need to start thinking about it.

Over Christmas this year I was in my parents' bathroom which is unsettlingly bright with angry yellow sunshine in the morning.  I looked at my face in the mirror and, while I didn't actually see wrinkles, per se, I saw where they will be forming soon.  I could see that my face looked parched and in desperate need of something.  Really, it was crying for help.

Tonight I bought some Oil of Olay anti-aging night cream that fights seven (SEVEN!) signs of aging.  I also bought some cleanser of the same line because I've inexplicably started breaking out on my forehead.  (How is it that my face is both parched and pimply and I'm not 15?)  I used the cream after my shower and all I can say about it is that it burns a little. Which must mean it works.  I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment