Thursday, June 9, 2016

I got a job! Sorta...

So, I've been trying to figure out ways that I can write and someone will pay me for it.  I started with fiction and finished one novel (in retrospect, it wasn't all that good), many short stories and the beginnings of at least 30 other novels.  The beginning and the end are awesome (in my head), it's that elusive middle part I have trouble with!

I started this blog as a way to write and also semi journal our adventures in trying to get pregnant and subsequently what life is like with two kids under two (not for too much longer!)  It's been a great way to practice and get my words out there, but I don't see anybody knocking on my door to give me money!

I stumbled across content websites where clients will pay for an author to write a piece on any random thing to use on their own website, blog, or online periodical.  I didn't know if this was worth anything, but I thought I'd give it a shot.  It's been a little over a week and I've written six articles.  The pay is no where near worth the time you put into it, but I look at it as practice writing in a marketing style, or really just practice in general.  The website I've been writing for give amazing feedback on grammar and sentence structure errors, so I am learning a lot while I'm doing this.  So far the feedback has been positive.

The biggest plus is that I can do as much or as little as I want, any time of the day or night.  Also, I can pick the articles that interest me, or at least ones I feel I can write confidently.  So far I've written about trampolines, a chiropractor, online reputation management, Beneful dog food, the 2016 Chevrolet Spark, and 50 ml conical centrifuge tubes with flat caps (which ties a little in with my lab background).  It's interesting and varied and I actually really like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment